Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : IC-775 Stereo phones to listen Forums Help

1-2 of 2 messages

Page 1 of 1  

IC-775 Stereo phones to listen Reply
by EA3QP on April 22, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
I'm using hardly the dualwatch (second receiver) during the contest but usually it's difficult knows the signal come from, anybody knows the way to fix this problem and separate the signals, for exemple main receiver to left ear , second receiver to rigth ear. Thanks.

RE: IC-775 Stereo phones to listen Reply
by AK6R on April 23, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
You can't seperate the right in one ear and the left in the other like Kenwood or Yaesu! the "IF" is shared and the audio balance control is the only option. I have complained to Icom about this for years, but their internal receiver design doesn't allow seperate audio in each ear - I sure wish it did - makes it much easier. Of course on dual-watch (listening to DX statioon send and monitoring othre stations sending on a split frequency, the "blended" audio works very nice.) However when calling cq on a frequency and lisening with the second VFO in dualwatch mode it is hard to tell which freqeuncy the call is coming from. Works great on Kenwood, but not icom, but then again Kenwood doesn't give band info and other neat Icom stuff. Each radio is a compromise and the blended audio is the one for Icom.

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   FQP
Previous Topic:   Software for TS870
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.