Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Filters for Field Day Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Filters for Field Day Reply
by KQ6FU on March 10, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
Hi all, here's my question. We're running multimode on field day. 20phone and 20cw simultaneously. I thought I saw that you can get custom made "bandpass" filters like for 20cw only and 20phone only. Possible? If so, where can we get them?
I'd love to hear anything you have to suggest.
sean
KQ6FU
[email protected]

RE: Filters for Field Day Reply
by n2ga on March 12, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
Having run Field Day sites running 6A with 2 stations on each band at once, I would suggest you locate any antennas for the same band as physically distant as possible. Much depends upon your Field Day site, but separation is the key here.

Try using good "contest" quality transceivers with adequate filtering. Bandpass filters for the specific band will help also.

73, George N2GA

by KR0U on March 16, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
Try to orient the antennas for minimum interaction. For example, here in the middle of the country we usually put up all the antennas along a North-South line (because they will be pointed East or West). The front-to-side ratio makes a big difference in the inter-station interference.

Your power level enters into the picture, too. Using rigs with stout receivers and QRP power levels has worked well for us. Running KWs probably requires the full multi-multi setup.

by n8rhv on March 24, 2001 Mail this to a friend!
I have been involved with big field day operations for the last 6 years (12A-20A). We have found that ICE Bandpass filters are key to keeping that down. Yes They can be tuned for CW and SSB portions too. I would have to ask someone else in our club about that though. (As far as how)

Jay

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   WriteLg with ME
Previous Topic:   Windows driver for PK232
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.