Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : TR LOG .cfg files, lets see how you have your Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

TR LOG .cfg files, lets see how you have your Reply
by KG5VK on November 3, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Hey Guys !

I just started using TR LOG and I am having a few problems getting my .cfg set up properly

I have not seen any samples of .cfg files
instead of re-inventing the wheel
could we see some of the .cfg files that are being used ?

Here is what I have..........

MY CALL = KG5VK
MY PREC = A
MY CHECK = 72
MY SECTION = LA
CONTEST = SWEEPSTAKES
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 3
RADIO ONE TYPE = TS440
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE BAND OUTPUT PORT = 3

BUT I am not getting any communication of the band change to the xcvr
However the band changes are being seen by the TOP Ten devices antenna switch controller, got some ideas ???

Steve
www.QSL.Net/KG5VK

RE: TR LOG .cfg files, lets see how you have Reply
by ve3iay on November 3, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Steve,

Your LOGCFG.DAT looks OK to me, at least the relevant bits. Some obvious questions - is the radio on serial port 1? Are port 1 and the radio both set to 4800 baud? When you start TRLog, does it read the frequency from the radio, or does it always start out on 160? If the communications with the radio are working, you should see the radio's frequency (set the radio on VFO A) on the line immediately below the band, date, time and QSO #, and immediately above the radio #, CW speed line. If you don't see this, you have a communications problem between TRLog and the radio -- possibly between TRLog and the serial port.

I have had some communications problems, as follows: I have Win98 SE on my computer, an ASUS P2-99 motherboard. I can't reboot to DOS because the computer is doing double duty as a network server, so I run all DOS programs from Windows, either in a window or full-screen (makes no difference). Windows programs can see both serial ports fine, and talk to both the TNC on serial 1 and the radio on serial 2 with no problem. However, communications between DOS programs and the on-board serial ports are flaky. My DOS RTTY contesting program doesn't see the TNC. One DOS logging program sees the radio OK, another one (written by the same programmer!) doesn't. For TRLog to work, I have to run the successful DOS logging program first, then exit from it and start TRLog. If I don't do this, TRLog doesn't find the radio and hangs up.

On a previous computer, when I had problems with serial ports, I reset the on-board ports to COM3, COM4 and LPT2 and put in an ancient 2S,1P card which was fixed on COM1, COM2 and LPT1. DOS programs talked just fine with the older ports, even the programs that had problems with the newer ports on the motherboard. I haven't tried that out on the newer computer yet.

If you're interested, I can email you my LOGCFG.DAT file for SS CW.

73, Rich
VE3IAY

RE: TR LOG .cfg files, lets see how you have Reply
by KG5VK on November 5, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Rich,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Your notes were a big help - I have made progress !

Still have a comm port prob from the rig to TRLOG
my non contest software (DX4WIN) was very happy with a comm port 5 to the radio, but this is a bit more of a challenge for TRLOG.

I know it can use port 5 (serial) but how ?

Going to re-config all my serial ports on the computer B4 phone SS week-end, but for now I am going to play with it as is for CW week-end.

73's
KG5VK
Steve

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Interference between stations at Field Day
Previous Topic:   Converting CT bin files to txt files
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.