Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Contest Software Forums Help

1-5 of 5 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Contest Software Reply
by KM9Z on October 21, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
I know it's a personnal preference on contest software. What is the software to be used now and in the future
of contesting? Will there ever be a GUI based program for windows? I hear DOS based programs such as CT are still used and supported because of the stable environment DOS provides during contesting. I have always been a user of CT. Help me out!!!

RE: Contest Software Reply
by N6DW on October 23, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Writelog is a fully functional Windows program that is the equivalent of any of the DOS programs, and it includes software based RTTY & PSK31.

But get ready for the flak. DOS users are not yet ready to give up on their favorites.

by N1IC on October 31, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Depends on what your contest preferences are; I have WL but I like digital modes also and I like win based software. Just used CT in a Multi in CQWWSSB and it works great.

N1MM has also created a freeware windows based software. It's pretty nice also.

by G0PZA on November 1, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
We just used writelog in CQWW SSB and it was great! I do wish that ALL contest software had ALL contest rules etc pre-programmed rather than only the big ones.

Garo, G0PZA.

by KG5VK on November 3, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
For Contesting I had been using CT for the last 10 years, I am making the change to TR Log now.

TR Log have some more power features, but it is also a learning curve (I have not mastered it yet but only had it 3 days)

For Non contesting (day to Day) logging I use
DX4WIN and I love this program
it is fantastic, esp if you enjoy being able to keep using your CPU in windows mode

I am able to keep DX4WIN open in the background while I do other things on the CPU
It has all the features you would expect and More.

What I would like to see is a few of the guys that are using TR LOG post their .cfg files
I have got everything working with tRLOG except the Radio is not tracking the Band hanges with the software
even though my band switch (Top Ten devices) is tracking the band changes.

Steve
www.QSL.net/KG5VK

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   CT Dat files
Previous Topic:   9 Mhz Filter as opposed to 455Khz Filter
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.