Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : 9 Mhz Filter as opposed to 455Khz Filter Forums Help

1-2 of 2 messages

Page 1 of 1  

9 Mhz Filter as opposed to 455Khz Filter Reply
by W3NC on October 19, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
I want to purchase a more narrow filter for my ICOM 756 and there are two listed. A 9 mhz and 455 khz. I understand that one is normally in the first IF but that still doesn't help me decide which is better for contesting and DXing. Primarily interested in the SSB filter (1.9 khz). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

RE: 9 Mhz Filter as opposed to 455Khz Filter Reply
by vr2bg on October 20, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
You want both the 455 kc & 9 Mc IF filters, preferably of the same bandwidth. If you are on a budget, then get just the 455 kc one & live with what's already in the 9 Mc strip, as that will give you the most bang for the buck. I've used INRAD filters for both IFs for both SSB & CW in all the ICOMs I've had & it's always been money well spent - chalk & cheese compared to the OEM stuff. Ditto for a TS950 & FT1000MP. Only regret I've had is not opting for the really narrow SSB units (1.8 kc) - added one in cascade to an FT101ZD once & it was the dog's bollocks!

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Contest Software
Previous Topic:   160 Meter antenna
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.