Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Blunder Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Blunder Reply
by KC0VKN on December 3, 2006 Mail this to a friend!
I submitted my CQWW-CW log to discover I had made a rather large error. It was my first contest.

I wasn't at my QTH for most of the contest, I was away with family; but, I brought along antenna supplies and borrowed a laptop and tossed N1MM on it.

In the setup I inadvertently set my exchange to be 4 and ran with CQ zone 4 (I'm 5) for some number of Q's and then realized it later. I switched it back and finished up the contest.

Well.. When I fired off my Cabrillo log, I failed to notice that it doesn't track each exchange, it just sets the exchange to be whatever you set it to for every Q. So, I've got everyone in my log as me sending 5, when, in fact for some (I dunno which exactly, but I have a rough timeframe in my head). So, I've not only hosed myself, but, stations that worked me...

How can I undo this. Should I try? I'm sorta thinking that fussing with it may make matters worse.

My primary activity for the contest was chasing DX, but, I submitted my logs anyway just to see the process.

Joe

RE: Blunder Reply
by K5ZM on December 3, 2006 Mail this to a friend!
If you still have the option, send it in as a checklog.

by K9NW on December 10, 2006 Mail this to a friend!
You can go through and edit the correct zone and resubmit the log....the robot will take the most recent one over the previous one. You still have plenty of time. Since your log will show different sent exchanges, it may be flagged as "unstable" for that particular element, in which case the zone will not used in cross-checking your log and others. No harm to you or anyone else.

You might also note this when you submit the log.

by K8DO on December 11, 2006 Mail this to a friend!
Just a note, if in the future you discover part way into a contest that there is an error in the exchange, do not correct it... Be consistent over the entire contest... If the error is crucial like your section, etc., then simply note that in comments field of the submitted log and the contest checkers will be able to deal with it with lots less heart burn than if you changed direction in mid jump...

denny / k8do

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   When & where to run/h&p?
Previous Topic:   160M RTTY vs CW
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.