Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : contest category Forums Help

1-5 of 5 messages

Page 1 of 1  

contest category Reply
by ik7ytt on November 6, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Everyone know that a lot of people during contest do not respect power limit.And i think there are difference if you use 500w,1.5kw or 5kw so why have only 2 category?

RE: contest category Reply
by K5ZM on November 6, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Oh boy, I've got to bite my tongue here. Hmmm... probably because *5kw* isn't legal here in the states.

YMMV... a lot ;)

by ik7ytt on November 7, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
yes i know that over 1.5kw is illegal....in italy we are illegal for less,but not all think in the same way.
And we know that there are really people that work with 5 or more kw.I belive that this happened less in us than in other country, but it happened.
The restrinction in number of rtx and power is to let people to work with same(not identical) "weapons" but many(i underscore many)om work with more than 1.5kw and thare are no way to let them reduce power....so for this reason not all the people that are classified in HP category had worked really in the same category!

by ab7r on December 21, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
It is probably not a good idea to promote an operating category for illegal power output.

If people operate beyond what the rules specify, they're only fooling themselves. And will hopefully one day be caught.

Greg
AB7R

by w6rtw on December 29, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
The best way to handle this is via the contest rules.
Anything over the legal limit in the country of operation gets a multiplier of 0. Any power level at or under the legal max gets a multiplier of 1. (Or more depending on the power breakdown for the contest)
This way, the 5KW stations can operate as much as they want and their score will be what they deserve.
IMHO
Bob, W6RTW

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   special contests
Previous Topic:   side band
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.