Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Contest for ME! Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Contest for ME! Reply
by KI4IWT on April 13, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Hey, I was wondreing if you had any Ideas what a good contest would be for me to do. I'm a new ham and am looking for something to do. Thaks a lot
Andrew Davies
[email protected]

RE: Contest for ME! Reply
by K8GU on April 14, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
The largest share of contest activity is on HF. However, since I see that you're a Technician, there are some fun VHF/UHF contests, too, particularly during the summer. Most VHF contest activity is on SSB, then CW/digital, and in some areas there is activity on FM, too. The next major VHF contest that I know of is the ARRL June VHF QSO Party. If six meters is open, you'll have a lot of fun in that contest. If you work someone nearby on six, you can ask them to move through all the bands that you have in common. Perhaps some more experienced VHF ops will respond.

With the exception of six meters when it opens, most VHF contests are slower-paced than their HF counterparts simply because the number of people you can reach is smaller (due to propagation and equipment). So, if you try a VHF contest and like it or even if you don't, I encourage you to learn the code and get your General or Extra and give HF contesting a try, too.

RE: Contest for ME! Reply
by N5OT on May 5, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Hey Andrew, tell us more about yourself. Do you like to work DX or not? Do you like CW? Do you have a big station or a little station? Are you a VHFer?

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Contesting????
Previous Topic:   Working contest stations when not in contest
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.