Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : HTX-10 as IF for DEMI 222 Transverter Forums Help

1-2 of 2 messages

Page 1 of 1  

HTX-10 as IF for DEMI 222 Transverter Reply
by ka1koj on February 23, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
Hi Folks, has anyone used a HTX-10 10 mtr rig as an IF for the DEMI 222 transverter? I recently picked one up for a good price. My main rig is a Yaesu FT-897, how about connecting that to the transverter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Kevin KA1KOJ

RE: HTX-10 as IF for DEMI 222 Transverter Reply
by K2DRH on April 16, 2005 Mail this to a friend!
There are too many different ways to configure any DEMI transverter (split IF TX/RX or combined IF; +V or grounded keying; TX and Rx gain settings etc.) to know what you have or don't have without a lot more informaton. Best bet is to call DEMI and give them the S/N of your unit. They will have the records how it was configured when it left the factory and Steve N2CEI will also be able to tell you the best way to reconfigure it to interface it to your particular rig.

BTW A transverter's dynamic range is only as good as the IF it's hooked up to. The better the IF, the better the performance.

73 es GL,
Bob

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   call sign
Previous Topic:   outboarding a receiver
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.