EPC Russia DX Contest
August 19, 2009
Add a comment about this article!
The Russian Section of the European PSK Club has the honour to invite the radio amateurs all over the
world to participate in the 1st EPC Russia DX Contest. The objective of the contest is to establish as
many contacts as possible between radio amateurs around the world with attention to the radio
amateurs in Russia by using the BPSK63 and QPSK63 modes. Everybody can work everybody for QSO
and multiplier credit. The text below is an original text received from the Russian Section of the
European PSK Club without editing.
EPC Russia DX Contest Rules 2009
The Contest is conducted by Russian section of European PSK Club.
Date and Time: Starting time is at 03:00 UTC on Saturday 22.08.2009
and ending time is at 03:00 UTC on Sunday 23.08.2009.
The Russian contest on radio short waves communications "EPC Russia DX Contest" by using the BPSK
mode is conducted according to "The Rules of Radio Sport Competitions" and the present Rules. The
Contest will be held annually in August since 2009, each year on new conditions.
- popularization of the digital modes amateur contacts in Russia;
- determination of the most stronger sportsmen of the country and the world;
- increasing the skill of the participants.
Modes: BPSK63, QPSK63.
Bands: Contest participants are allowed to work on 80 m, 40 m, 20 m, 15 m and 10 m.
SOAB-HP: Single operator, all bands;
MOAB: Many operators, all bands;
SWL: DMS stations.
Number Exchange: The participants of Russian ЕРС section should send their four-unit current number
from the list of EPC Russia members without RSQ, for example EPCRU0262. The rest participants
should send RSQ and QTH-locator, for example 599 KO95.
General call - "CQ EPCRU TEST".
Each contact between stations is worth:
- with the members of Russian ЕРС section - 10 points;
- with other stations of Russia - 5 points;
- with other participants - 2 points.
The repeated contacts are permitted on different bands and different modes provided that a contact
will be made over one QSO with another operator.
Multipliers are different EPCRU numbers and QTH-locators on each band.
Scoring: The final score is the result of the total points multiplied by the sum of your EPCRU multipliers.
Notes for DMS:
Observation is counted:
a) if DMS operator received both callsigns and both control numbers of working correspondents - three
b) if DMS operator received one callsign and one control number - one point.
It is possible to observe and hear no more than one SWL for one and the same amateur radio station on
each band and different PSK modes.
The following awards and trophies are available for non-Russian participants:
- SOAB First Place in the World - Award and Big Cup
- MOAB First Place in the World - Award and Small Cup (if more than 5 participants enter this category)
- SWL First Place in the World - Award and Small Cup (if more than 3 participants enter this category)
- 3 (three) first place certificates will be awarded in each category to the World-Wide winners
- 3 (three) first place certificates will be awarded in each category on every WAC continent
- 3 (three) first place certificates will be awarded in each category in every DXCC country (if more than
10 participants from the same DXCC country enter this category)
The winners in subgroups and federal districts amongst participants of the Russian EPC section will be
awarded by the small cups, as well as the following awards:
- first three places in each subgroup;
- first three places on each Federal county of the Russia;
- and, in addition, first three places among all participants from Moscow and St.-Petersburg.
Disqualification: For the first time, the Contest Committee will use the mechanism of monitoring of air
for the purpose of revealing of the participants who operate with превышением of admissible IMD norms,
creating considerable QRM and breaking the Rules of the given competitions. The results of infringers
will be cancelled. QSOs with them will not be counted with their correspondents. The appeals are not
The logs are accepted in the Cabrillo format ONLY.
PSK modes in Cabrillo file must be identified as follows:
BPSK63 - PM;
QPSK63 - QM.
All logs must be sent no later than 15 days after the contest.
The logs received after specified date will be considered only as "check log" (for control).
It is desirable to enclose your written opinion about Contest Rules and your impression on Contest.
MixW (contest-module and other files for this contest , help ) - full compatible
UR5EQF_log ( help russian ) - only BPSK63
AATest +TrueTTY (site , forum - AATest-help, russian ) - full compatible
Log4Win - only BPSK63
Address of Log report:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgЭтот e-mail защищен от спам-ботов. Для его просмотра в вашем браузере должна
быть включена поддержка Java-script This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need
Home page: http://www.epc-ru.ru
Last date of Log report:
17th September 2009.
Amateur radio operators from Russia and other countries of the world may participate
in the competition.
Amateurs all over the world !
Welcome to participate in the EPC RUSSIA DX Contest-2009 !
There are no comments on this article: