Announcing the new UKSMG Winter Marathon
Dave Toombs (G8FXM)
November 15, 2015
Add a comment about this article!
The UK Six Metre Group has decided to introduce a new contest for the
Winter season which we are calling the “UKSMG Winter Marathon" .
The contest has been introduced this year to promote activity during
the Northern Hemisphere winter months, but of course we hope that
stations South of the equator during their Summer will also enter the
contest as well.
The rules for the “UKSMG Winter Marathon" are significantly different
to the Summer event, and the following is a summary of the differences :
Further details may be found at:
- The contest is a Marathon style event and will be held over a
two-month period, commencing on the first day in December 2013
and ending on the last day in January 2014.
- Normal QSO data will be logged :
- Date of QSO, Time of QSO, Callsign of station worked
- 4-digit gridsquare of stations worked e.g. FN54, IO91, OF87
- QSO frequency MHz, RS(T) sent and RS(T) received.
- Scoring to be 1 point for each unique 4 digit gridsquare worked.
- Logs to be submitted via the UKSMG website in ADIF format.
- An entrant may submit their log at any time throughout the
event and then submit their final log, or may just submit their final
log after the contest end, but before the submission cut-off date.
I hope to work you in the Winter Marathon this year.
Best 73's de Dave, G8FXM
UKSMG Contest Manager
There are no comments on this article:
Other News Articles
The Spurious Emissions Band at Dayton (2017)
The Pin One Problem, Live at the Visalia Contest Dinner (2017)
QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party April 9,10 2016
RSGB ROtating LOcators Contests
Maine 2 Meter FM Simplex Challenge