Yaesu

Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D Last Production

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D Last Production
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:40:14 +0000
Not sure if on this or contest mailing list, but some time back
somebody had posted comment that Yaesu no longer has
any of some unique component - the CPU? - for FT-1k.

I have already lost a low level driver transistor in my FT-847
that was sole source & discontinued - not something I
would have thought of as being especially unique.

This ultimately is what determines the useable life span of
consumer electronic products - perhaps is somewhat
intentional "planned obsolescence", as eventually it will
result in the purchase of something to replace what
otherwise should be able to be fixed.

73, VR2BrettGraham