Yaesu

[Yaesu] 6LB6 in FT-101E

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] 6LB6 in FT-101E
From: certified-electronics@juno.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 01:12:20 +0000
Frank, I would be very careful using the 6LB6 in the final of the FT-101.
I belive they are a direct pin for pin replacement, however the
interelectrode
capacitance of the tubes will be different from that of the original
6JS6C
Japanese (Toshiba) finals as sold with the rig. They could be difficult
at
best to neutralize and you may find that they oscillate.  So if you try
it just
be very careful and keep a VERY close eye on I.P. for your plate current.
If they start oscillating you may notice the I.C. / current meter
fluttering and
you can often hear it in the receiver screaming at you before it gets
bad.
Personally, I've never used them. I have a set and I was debating on
giving
it a try.  I would certainly try it before even considering doing
something like
a 6146 modification.  I don't recommend that one at all.

PS: Also make sure they fit in the PA cage with cover on, there were some
brand
of 6JS6 tubes that were a little bit tall for the PA cage, but I can't
remember
which brand those were.
Regards
Carol Maher