Yaesu

[Yaesu] THANKS (Was FT-990 Noise "Blanker"?)

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] THANKS (Was FT-990 Noise "Blanker"?)
From: rblank@txdirect.net (Rick Blank)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:29:55 +0000
>  Hi Everyone,
>
>  I just wanted to thank all of you who took the time
>  to respond to my query.  The consensus is that the
>  NB in my rig isn't working.  Guess it never did. So
>  back to Yaesu it goes.  I have +10 powerline noise
>  at my QTH and with the NB on or off, it sounds the
>  same.  Doesn't touch it.  I've been using an outboard
>  JPS "Noise Canceller" to deal with the problem, but
>  if the rig isn't working right, I want it fixed. Too
>  bad I didn't ask this question earlier.  My warranty
>  ran out last week...
>
>  Tnx agn es 73!
>   -Dale

I  sometimes have high line noise at my house and have found that
many times there is not a noise blanker around that will touch it...

I have a JPS ANC-4 and sometimes even that wont do much!  When it
gets the noise, it'll drop drop as much as 7 or 8 S-units, when it
doesn't, I just turn off the rig!

I have several rigs with blankers to compare the 990 to: an OMNI-V,
a TR-7. Icom R-70 and R-71A, Drake T-4XC/R-4C, the one in the Yaesu
is the best of all those..

Just my $.02

Rick Blank, KI5SL                      rblank@txdirect.net
2223 Blanco Road                       AMSAT NA# 26195
San Antonio, Texas 78212

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/yaesufaq.html
Problems:                 ke7gh@contesting.com