Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 246, Issue 4

To: "'Alan Maenchen'" <ad6e@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 246, Issue 4
From: <k3sk@buckwalter.co>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:24:23 -0400
Digirite is NOT an option for WSJT-X.   Not only is it very difficult to
use, It does not do any of the other modes used for VHF-UHF contesting and
have very crude display setting/options.   The only advantage of Digirite
over WSJT-X  using UPD broadcast is the dupe checking before working
function.

I've been a serious diehard user and supporter of Writelog for many many
years, but I am finding it falling behind in being able to be used reliably
with the newer digital modes.    For me the biggest advantage of Writelog
over any other logging/contesting package is the ability to direct connect 4
rigs at once.   For multi-band VHF contesting this is a HUGE plus.   But it
has also become a disadvantage because it is only limited to 2 Omni-rig
connections and is not compatible with Omni-Rig 2, that now does 4 radios.
WSJT-X needs to talk to the radios, as does Writelog.  Omni-rig keeps
Writelog viable for me, but the 2 Omni-rig connection limit was an operating
burden this past contest.    I hope it gets resolved, otherwise I need to
rethink my future conrtest logging options.

de K3SK