Re: [WriteLog] Self Spotting in ARRL DX Contest

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Self Spotting in ARRL DX Contest
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:46:40 -0500
After the ARRL RTTY RU, I learned that some skimmers do not receive above
xx.095. So perhaps higher frequency stations are not being automatically
spotted as often.

John KK9A

Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 4:53 PM Ed W0YK  wrote:

> Why is self-spotting required to be competitive?   Our first caller was
never more than 15 seconds after our first CQ on a new frequency.   RBN
seemed to work fine.73,Ed W0YK

Ed, there's no guarantee that all the other unlimited stations are
receiving RBN spots.  They should be, but for whatever reason, they
may not be.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, https://ad1c.us