[WriteLog] Writelog CAT Control for FT-891

To: rtty@groups.io, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog CAT Control for FT-891
From: "jim" <jim.kc4hw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 06:15:21 -0600

GM all,

Bumped into a gentleman on another reflector and he had been working with others folks on modifying the FT-891 ini file in OmniRig. He offered the link to the revised FT-891.ini. Actually, I had previously setup OmniRig to use the FT-891 as my RIG #1, so it was working. But did not support all the functionality in Writelog.

So in order to try the new ini file, first I saved the existing FT-891.ini in Win10 C: > Program Files (x86) > Afreet > OmniRig > Rig directory and then downloaded the revised version and placed it into the same directory. Then in Writelog I changed the rig type to Afreet OmniRig and Com to RIG#1, save configuration and then restarted Writelog.

Writelog responded properly and showed the VFO frequency for the FT-891. I dialed around, changed bands, mode, clicked DXspots and various other activities in Writelog and it all seemed to work. This appears to be a fully functional rig control setup for the FT-891 and Writelog. Although, I haven't used it in a contest yet, but ...
Here is a link to the revised FT-891.ini

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0pj6pi4pn9xq52/FT-891.ini?dl=0

If you have been looking for a solution for the FT-891 rig control in Writelog,
I would suggest that you try this.  Let us know how it works for you!

Jim/KC4HW

Disclaimer: I don't really know all the ins and outs of Cat Control and how Writelog use it, So if this works for you then good, if not, I don't know what to tell you! I am just sharing the information as I have discovered it.
I know one thing I have to get a dipole up for 10m, hope to see you there!

HW