[WriteLog] IC-7610 audio recording via USB not working

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] IC-7610 audio recording via USB not working
From: Dave N6NZ <n6nz@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 12:33:51 -0700
I am trying to revive my lash-up with IC-7610 and Writelog 12.60c (yeah,
haven’t updated in a while).. anyway I have everything perking again for SO2V
and it all seems to be going OK except for the life of me I can not get audio
recording over the USB interface to show up.  The ICOM audio device doesn’t
seem to show up as a USB audio device for Windows 10, nor for the Writelog
mixer, and the “choose devices..” button is grayed out in the recording setup
dialog.  So this really smells like some kind of underlying Windows problem.
Win10 is up to date, and I de-installed and re-installed the ICOM USB driver.
What should i look at next?

The last time this particular computer/radio combo was in use was for RTTY RU
earlier this year, so obviously the audio made it to the windows machine for
that contest or RTTY decode would have been….. suboptimal.

Thanks & 73,
Dave N6NZ