[WriteLog] SDR setup?

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SDR setup?
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:13:00 -0700
I bought a little SDR (AirSpyHF+) to play with. It works but I'm not about
to actually use it as a real radio. Tuning with a mouse really sucks.

I connected it to my K3 IF output and set the frequency to 8210. It seems
to work fine there using the AirSpy software. Nice spectrum display and
waterfall.

Now, how to get WL to put it on the bandmap?
I read the blog but some things pop out as major unknowns.

1)  ExtIO says to select the DLL that has the I & Q data. OK, but which one
is that?  The software that came with this device has 30 or 40 DLLs. I have
no idea which one. Hope someone is using this device and can just tell me
so I don't have to try each one. I tried a couple but nothing appeared in
the band map.

2)  There's something about using an audio channel. For what?  Data? Or an
option to listen to the IF output? I left that blank. I can listen to the
SDR with it's own software. The offset is noticeable but I haven't gotten
that far yet.

3) If I change something in SDR setup, do I then need to re-start WL?

Tks, 73, Alan  AD6E