Re: [WriteLog] Writlog Remote setup questions

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writlog Remote setup questions
From: Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 04:38:52 -0500
On 12/29/2019 17:12 PM, Wayne wrote:
Tom,
     I am just using the remote software with the "Soft win 1" slot to
get the virtual front panel to the K3.  This works fine, the problem
is in the WriteLog "QSO Entry" panel, "Radio" button, the only choice
I get is "Manual entry".  If I go to the "setup-WriteLog
Options-Ports" page the com port selection is not showing the "Soft
win1" or "Rem Slot 1", just com ports.  I don't have another K3, etc.,
just was going to use the virtual front panel of the "Soft win X" type
of connection. I was just trying to get anything working for the first
time, then I would worry about a "Front panel" for the radio.
Gordon - N1MGO
You probably missed the final control site setup instructions way down
at the bottom of this page:

https://writelog.com/remote-control-setup-step-3-rig-control

Wayne

Wayne,

    Your correct!   I missed setting the "Rig Type" to "WriteLog Remote"   Its all working now!

Now off to learn what else I need to run the system remotely!

Thanks!

Gordon - N1MGO