Re: [WriteLog] Message breakdown

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Message breakdown
From: "Craig K0CF" <k0cf@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:49:06 -0600
This is usually caused by the vagaries of Windows timing. The cure is to not
rely on Windows for CW timing
by using a separate K1EL WinKeyer USB. This will go on its own USB port, and
creates a virtual COM port.
WriteLog can connect to this COM port via settings on the Ports setup dialog.
The keying output of the
WinKeyer is electrically isolated, so RF and ground loops are never a problem.

I have been using this setup for years and it is perfectly reliable.

73, Craig, K0CF