Re: [WriteLog] FT8 in 2019 RTTY Roundup

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT8 in 2019 RTTY Roundup
From: Mike Seguin <n1jez@burlingtontelecom.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:52:31 -0400
I use Virtual Serial Port Emulator to create a serial port "splitter". My CAT interface port specified in PowerSDR (running an ANAN-100) is 'split'.

Then Writelog and WSJT-X can both access the 'split' serial port and can get/send freq data and have PTT support.

COM 1 is setup for PowerSDR CAT. Then VSPE creates a split COM1 = COM4. Up to 4 devices can supposedly share the port.

Writelog and WSJT-X both talk to COM4.

Works well.