Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 187, Issue 2

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 187, Issue 2
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 17:13:37 -0400

> The computer is all plastic construction so no obvious earth point

Try the metal shell of the DB15HD (VGA), HDMI, or RJ45 (Ethernet)
connector.  In some cases an unused USB connector (shell) can also
be used - assuming the shells are tied to the motherboard ground-plane.

Check your USB cable for continuity between the shells on each end -
many inexpensive cables lack enough shield connectors or fail to
connect to the shell on one end or the other.

You may have better luck with a "shielded USB cable" or "heavy duty
USB cable" from a place like Amazon or some of the cable houses.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV