Re: [WriteLog] Rigexpert TI-8 issue

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rigexpert TI-8 issue
From: Thom <ki8w@ki8w.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 02:15:13 +0000
This laptop has 8 Gb Ram...cant put anymore into it. I have scanned this with Windows Defender, AVG and Karpinsky or what ever you call it. They all found nothing.

This laptop is 6 years old and I had absolutely no problems with it until I had the damn Windows 10 upgrade. It is also generally on 24/7. The battery is shot so I have to keep it plugged in all the time. But you are right...it is time for a new one but as you know it will have windows 10 on it. Not of a big fan of Windows 10. You listening Microsoft. One of their techs got a real earful from me last week when one of their damn auto updates rebooted my laptop right in the middle of an online transaction and totally screwed up my bank account. That is not resolved as of today.

as for having it working...now it is broken again. I know I have something not quite set right. If I set up rig control in Writelog the F keys do not function and I get PTT. If I take rig control out of Writelog and put it into MMTTY I get no PTT but the F keys function.

I think I am loosing my mind. Most of the time I am barely functioning, mentally. Nothing seems to work right anymore.

and to think I still have not even tried to get all this working in N1MM and Ham Radio Deluxe.

Things were so much easier with a Model 33 and a paper log.

Thanks Mark

73

Thom KI8W