Re: [WriteLog] Using K3 KIO3B USB with Writelog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Using K3 KIO3B USB with Writelog
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:53:00 -0500
Understood, I meant to say I would like to do a better job of "bonding"
the many devices in my shack. I was just curious why #10 wire.

John KK9A

To:     writelog@contesting.com
From:   Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date:   Mon, 28 Dec 2015 12:09:30 -0800

Hi John,

The larger gauge conductor is for BONDING only. The intent is to minimize
difference in potential between equipment by brute force Ohm's Law. This
is all discussed in the tutorial I referenced, both specific details of
what needs to be bonded and WHY.

For the signal pair, conductors as small as #24 are fine.

73, Jim K9YC