Re: [WriteLog] Packet spots on multiple computers.

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Packet spots on multiple computers.
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:58:57 +0200
in ve7cc program (ver 3.0241)
configuration>ports/logging program>
Enable Telnet checked
Use port 7300
ignore "bye" from logging program checked

in writelog
in the computer with ve7cc running
writelog packet window
File>telnet >
IP address : the IP of the computer running ve7cc
Port: 7300

Example
Let's say we have 2 computers with the following IPs

one named as W4AAA with IP 192.168.1.2

and the other one named KK9A with the IP 192.168.1.3
Writelog run in both computers but ve7cc run only in W4AAA 192.168.1.2
So in W4AAA write 192.168.1.2 and port 7300 (be careful writelog goes to 23 by default)
and in KK9A also the same, that is 192.168.1.2  and port 7300

we suppose that both computers are in the same network.
Writelog is not needed to run in both computers!
I don't know how affects all these, the possibility computers running win7-8 and connected to network as public and not as home (mine is home) My impression is that writelog can not manage very well heavy cluster's traffic connected this way. Please Wayne test it...

There is another option if and only if writelog run in both computers: to use the "local network" choice. Go to
File>Local Network>
write the ip with the computer where the writelog also runs (and it is connected with ve7cc via telnet)

73 Kostas SV1DPI