Re: [WriteLog] Writelog for general logging?

To: ke6qr@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog for general logging?
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 23:15:21 -0800
Sure. To minimize wear and tear on my brain, I use one logger (Writelog)
for everything. I built my own general operating file template with fields
for Call, RST-S, RST-R, Name, QTH, Comments, Power, Rig and QSL Status.
I've been using it for 10 years or so. Each year I dump the file into
DX4WIN for QSL tracking and start a new log file. And of course I dump each
contest log into the same DX4WIN database.

Since I have two QTHs with different hardware environments but the same
laptop computer, I keep separate Writelog files for each. Since each needs
a different writelog.ini, I have to exchange those files through
writelog.ini.[QTH] whenever I switch locations. And in DX4WIN I use the
Preferences | QSO | Group field to distinguish the two locations. If I used
separate computers at the two locations, this would be simpler but other
things would be more complex.

Dean's suggestion to keep a separate log for RTTY is a good one if you do a
significant amount of non-contest RTTY.

GL & 73,

/Rick

--