Re: [WriteLog] Readcty.v10 not working

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Readcty.v10 not working
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:35:32 -0800
John,

The WL Convert CTY to WriteLog file (Reacty32.exe in your WriteLog Programs folder) works fine. Where your wl_cty.dat file ends up is dependent upon your operating system and the WL version you are running. When you run the Convert CTY to WriteLog utility uncheck the Reduce to lowest runtime memory use and then click on Download wl_cty.dat... On my system, Vista 32, I get a message that the file is being downloaded, but it doesn't go away unless I click on the Desktop some seconds later. Then a second window pops up and says "Successfully downloaded wl_cty.dat". Now click on the Convert wl_cty.dat button and the lower box in the window fills with the processed info. That's it, you're done!

Now start up a WL contest module that has COUNTRY as one of the field names. In the CALL area type VERSION and Space to the next field. The COUNTRY field should show the current name of the reference country in this update that Jim includes with his update notice. There really is no need for you to find the actual wl_cty.dat file once it has been successfully processed. In my case, it ends up in C:\ProgramData\WriteLog, but that may be different for your OS and WL version.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Maglio" <jgmags@comcast.net>