[WriteLog] What exactly does %X do?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] What exactly does %X do?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:15:27 -0600
I am set up for SO2R on one PC in RTTY mode which is completely new to me since
I normally use two PCs networked.  What I am trying
to find out is if there is a command you can put into a message to force that
particular message to go out on a particular radio.

The only thing I can find remotely resembling this is the %X command, but I
can't figure out what exactly it does.  The HELP file
says:

"F2 through F11 move the transmit focus to match the keyboard focus before
transmitting . You can change this behavior on a
message-by-message basis by adding a %X at the beginning of the message buffer,
which retains the transmit radio focus."

What exactly does %X do?  And how is it used?

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com