[WriteLog] Updating country files with Windows 7

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Updating country files with Windows 7
From: Robert Foster <rlfoster1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:15:18 -0800 (PST)
Hi WriteLog Users,

I am having a problem updating my country files on my Windows 7, 64 bit
computer.  The version of WriteLog I'm using is 10.77H.  I placed the latest
downloaded wl_cty.dat into the
c:/program data/writelog file, then ran reacty32.exe from the location
c:/program files(x86)/writelog/programs

I then opened WriteLog, and put in GB0PLB, which should show Wales as the
country, and it showed England.  Then I tried II0IDP, which should be
Sardinia,and it shows Italy.  So I know the file did not update.

I also tried downloading the latest WlWebupdate.zip file.  I unzipped the file
contents into the c:/program data/writelog file location, then checked to see
if the file updated.  It did not.

I have an older computer running Windows XP, and WriteLog version 10.30B, and
it updates the country files very nicely.  So I copied the four files that
React32.exe updates from the XP computer:
DXCCDOS.dat
DXCCWAE.dat
CQZONE.dat
ITUZone.dat

I placed the four files into the location on the Windows 7 computer:
c:/program data/writelog

Still no update!  I tried placing the four files into the location:
c:/program files(x86)/writelog/programs

Still no update of the country files.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

73, Bob, K3QIA