Re: [WriteLog] Icom 7600

To: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, "Arlon Nelson" <anelson@min.midco.net>, <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Icom 7600
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:05:43 -0900
Nels,

Sorry for my quick glib reply.  There is an easy solution for you after all.
Upon reading your message again it sounds as if you are changing the hex
address in the IC-7600 from 7A to 7F which is the default for the IC-756PRO
and then use the IC-756PRO driver in WL.  Then you must change it back again
to use with your other software.

To avoid having to do this go to your writelog.ini file and find the [RIGS]
section.  In that section add the following line exactly:

Icom IC-756PRO=0x7A

This will change the hex address for the IC-756PRO driver in WL to 7A and
allow you to leave the IC-7600 set at its default address of 7A.  I don't
remember what rig drivers are in V10.71C, but if there is one for the
IC-7800 you might find using that driver to be closer to the IC-7600 than
the IC-756PRO driver.  That is what I did for a while with my IC-7600 until
an actual 7600 driver was released.  If you want to try it just add this
line to the [RIGS] section.

Icom IC-7800=0x7A

You can have both lines in your writelog.ini file.  You can then select
either the IC-756PRO or the IC-7800 in the Setup/Ports menu and both drivers
will use the default 7A address of the 7600.  Trail and error will show
which driver works best for you.

73,
Gary AL9A