[WriteLog] Band changes

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Band changes
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:11:54 -0800
I'm setting up for the All Asia DX SSB contest this weekend as SOAB and have
a question regarding band changes and how WL handles the 10 minute band
change timing.  The AA contest rules include a 10 minute rule similar to CQ
WW for single transmitter stations.  Only one transmitter and one band are
permitted during any 10 minute period, except one other band may be used
during any 10 minute period only if the station worked is a new mult.  Since
I've always operated single op I never paid much attention to the WL band
change timer, but am curious if it would be of use.

The WL help manual for the Band Changes window seems to indicate it only
works for multi-op single transmitter operations.  The pertinent text is as
follows:

"The Band Change window's behavior depends on whether there is a
multi-single column in the logbook, and depends on whether the contest
module is programmed to tell WriteLog about what muti-single and/or
multi-two operations are allowed.

For this window to run keep both the top and bottom displays current, you
configure the logbook for logging RUN or MULT QSOs (or Mulit-2 A/B QSOs).
Otherwise, WriteLog counts all the QSOs as RUN (A) and only the top row in
this window updates. You use the Radio This is RUN (A) Radio/This is MULT
(B) radio menu entries. The first time you select one of these, WriteLog
asks to add the "m" column to the log, which is necessary for multi-single
operation. This same "m" column will become the "txid" column in the
Cabrillo output."

Apparently timer behavior also depends on the contest module being used and
I have no idea what the All Asia module does in this regard.  Anyone have
any thoughts you'd like to share?

73,
Gary AL9A