[WriteLog] Audio Review clock problem

To: "WRITELOG REFLECTOR" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Audio Review clock problem
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:11:22 -0800
I'm running WL 10.65C on a new Dell laptop running Vista and have just
noticed a problem with the time stamp sync between the log QSO times and the
recording times shown in the Audio Review window.  As I begin playing back
audio clips of contacts at the beginning of an audio review file segment,
the QSO time in the log and the recording time in Audio Review are in pretty
close agreement.  However, as I progress through the audio file the times
get further and further out of sync with the Audio Review time lagging the
log time.

When I'm at about the middle of the audio file segment, and seek to playback
a specific QSO, the playback starts near the end of the QSO, not the
beginning.  I have to click and drag the slider back 20 to 30 seconds to get
to the beginning of the QSO.  By the time I am listening to QSO's near the
end of an audio file segment the time shift is a minute or more out of sync.
When I click on a call in the log for playback that is near the end of the
audio file segment I miss the call I want entirely and end up getting the
next call in the log.  Now I have to drag the slider back a minute or more
to start at the beginning of the QSO I want to review.

When a new audio segment loads in the two clock times are again in sync, but
the further into the audio file I go the more out of sync the two times get.
I assume that both programs are using the system clock to track the times,
so cannot understand why they gradually work themselves out of sync.  I
never noticed this problem before on another machine running earlier WL
versions under XP, so I'm not sure if it is a WL problem, a timing problem
with the new machine, or a Vista problem.  It is not a critical problem, but
annoying nonetheless.  Any ideas?

73,
Gary AL9A