[WriteLog] 10.63H install

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] 10.63H install
From: Ed Gray W0SD <w0sd@triotel.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 18:45:01 -0800
Life is to short to have to put up with all this garbage!!!  What
happened????  Writelog used to install easy now it is a total pain!!!

I have Windows 98SE on a system I use for backup logging in case the XP
machine dies.  I did what Wayne said in the E-mail to K0BX and it does
not work.  I get a message that relnotes.htm is needed and ultimately
the installation error.

I read where with Windows 2000 the problem was cured with downloading a
new windows installer.  I tried downloading the windows installer for
Windows 98.  As far as I can tell the last one was 2.0.  When I tried to
install it I got a message that it already was installed on my computer.
I am out of ideas!

Writelog supposedly supports Windows 98SE but I have my sincere doubts
with 10.63H!  In the process of trying to get things to work I deleted
everything so now I don't even have the version ( I suspect pre-MSI) to use.

BTW I spent a long time reading the archives and messing around before I
could get 10.62H installed on my XP machine for the SS contest.  Not
very user friendly here either.

Wayne can you please tell me if I can get Version 10.63H to work on
Windows 98SE or is it a lost cause?  If not I need an old version that
will work.

That brings up the question is it still true I need the same version on
all computers if I network say for the ARRL RTTY contest?

NOT SMILING in South Dakota

Ed W0SD