Re: [WriteLog] 10.55D now ready for downloading..

To: "Ron Stailey" <k5dj@austin.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.55D now ready for downloading..
From: "G3SJJ" <g3sjj@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:42:53 +0100
I am very interested in the outcome to this posting after our experience at
GU8D in the IOTA contest recently. We deliberately elected to go for TCP/IP
instead of NetDDE as we had been led to believe from postings on the
Reflector that this was a superior and more reliable system. Last year we
had 4 laptops networked under NetDDE and had no problems. This year we had 5
but only 2 of them stayed up for the whole 24 hours. It is therefore very
disturbing to see a new version released shortly after the contest with the
comment "Fix problems with TCP/IP networking having more than 2
workstations."

We also had with problems with the microHam Router on Rig Control and CW
Keying. We now note that a new Router version has also been released, which
initially appeared to blamed on Writelog timing issues.

It is very difficult top retain confidence in logging programs if these kind
of problems continue and authors don't come clean on where the poroblems
arose and which programs caused what.

Chris G3SJJ