[WriteLog] Problem With SB Audio - Pt 1

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem With SB Audio - Pt 1
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:44:15 -0500
I've been using WL for some time now, and what I'm about to describe has been a recurring problem.

My computer is a P3/600 (384mb memory - -the max I can fit on it) with a Creative 128 PCI sound card and W2KPro. The radio is a TT Orion.

I'm using WL v1.48F

I use the CW decoder and find that the input to the sound card seems to randomly deselect itself (i.e., turn itself off).

To work around the problem for the CQ 160 contest this past weekend, I left the audio panel up on the screen and whenwever the decoder stopped, I'd click on "select" to get it going again.

Am I missing something in the setup? Is this unique to Win2K or this card?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 2/3/2005