RE: [WriteLog] Filter Reset by Clicking Spot - Orion

To: "'George Skoubis'" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>,"'Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK)'" <richard@karlquist.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>,"'Robert Carroll'" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Filter Reset by Clicking Spot - Orion
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:18:06 -0600
1. Wayne was informed of the problem (bandwidth changes when frequency is
changed)
   with the Orion, and he said there isn't any command to change the BandWidth;
   TenTec agreed.
2. The setting of specific BandWidth for each Mode does help, since the BW
doesn't
   jump back to the SSB setting on a frequ change, but it still does not solve
the
   the basic problem; if I have changed the bandwidth (wide for run, to get
those
   off-frequency guys, narrow for S&P so I'm not off-freq!), changing the
frequency
   (either thru SPOT or thru commanded frequency), the BandWidth is changed from
   what I've set back to the default for CW.

Barry, W5GN