Re: [WriteLog] Interfacing M2 RC2800PDC rotor with WL

To: "David J. Strout - W2YC" <djsatty@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Interfacing M2 RC2800PDC rotor with WL
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:20:57 -0800
I put up an RC2800 two years ago and it worked fine. I connected it
with a straight-through 9pin D connector cable to a real serial port,
disabled the Palm Desktop Hotsynch Manager, used Setup/Ports to
specify COM1:, RC2800 and WL controlled it just fine. Note that
programs like Hotsynch and various modem-oriented products can tie up
a serial port even when they are not "running."  This could be your
problem.

Note that the new  Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts lets you specify a single
keystroke to turn the rotor to the azimuth of the call in the active
QSO window. I use F12 but may swithc to [.

Finally, note that there is also a nifty piece of freeware called
RFW.exe that displays the current setting of one or two rotors both
numerically and with a pointer on a circle and lets you click on the
circle to command the controller. It depends on Writelog being in
operation, though. It's not a standalone program.

/Rick N6XI