Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade

To: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: Trouble installing 10.48 upgrade
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:12:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/04 10:06:01 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jjreisert@alum.mit.edu writes:
He's just spreading FUD.  I have been running SP2 since the early public beta
releases (RC1 and beyond).  It's now installed on 5 computers under my
control,
using a variety of hardware, and I have not had a single problem with it.
Sure, security is a little tighter, and doesn't always wook with
*poorly-written* applications (those that bypass the Windows API, etc.).  But
it's a far cry to claim "SP2 was known to be defective, has numerous bugs".

73 - Jim AD1C
Interesting to note what AssetMetrix found out in their probe of 44,000
computers in 350 companies, re XP SP2. Certainly not the horror stories we've
been
hearing, but something to account for nevertheless.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=46200368

73, Bob K8IA