Re: [WriteLog] SO2C Syncronization?

To: wo4o@juno.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2C Syncronization?
From: rwmcgwier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:47:49 +0000
There are many Network Time Protocol pieces of freeware available on the web.
Set one computer, possibly using the ntp from a internet source.  I use

tock.usno.navy.mil
time.nist.gov
time-a.nist.gov

as well as N4HY which is being kept to 100us accurate by a GPS tamed clock.

This same program that is doing ntp, will also act like a timer server.
You set the rest of the computers in your house to look to it for time,
and they are all synced automatically every ten minutes to a few msec
difference.

http://nettime.sourceforge.net/

It is pretty easy to set up and get going.

Bob
N4HY