[WriteLog] modes again

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] modes again
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 12:35:00 +0000
All,

We have had a good tread going this last week on software features and "modes".

I think some of these "efficiency" features are neat. I still have to try the clone rtty windows (I turned them off trying to determine what was causing all the bad behavior) so that is on the list of things to try for wpx.

BUT the example of FILLING from the Bandmap being active when I had done nothing to activate it is in my opinion wrong. There were no commands in my writelog.ini file to cause this feature to be turned on but yet it was. I had to stop and read the new help pages on the [Bandmap] to find out there are not one but four new parameters to be added and set to zero to turn them off.

IMHO, all these neat features should default OFF. If I do nothing explicit to turn them on then they stay off. I should not have to turn off someone else's nice to have "efficiency" feature.

OK, I am off my soap box for a while

Jerry, W6IHG