RE: [WriteLog] Writel32 fatal error and crash

To: Roger Huntley <snr.huntley@verizon.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Writel32 fatal error and crash
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:57:50 -0400
   I have seen this as well.  This happened to me when:
-- I used my laptop at a different station...
-- configured WL Setup/Ports for the radios and W5XD+ multi-keyer at that
station...
-- returned home, where the laptop doesn't connect to a radio (normally)...
-- tried to open WL.

   My guess is that WL is looking for a COM port configuration and W5XD+
multi-keyer that are not connected, and then crashing.

   My fix was to remove WL and re-install it.  It might be possible to go into
the INI file and remove entries specifying radios and
the W5XD multi+ keyer, but I have not explored that route.

-- Eric K3NA