[WriteLog] 4 Newbie Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 4 Newbie Questions
From: hb9czf@swiss-artg.ch (Dominik Bugmann)
Date: Mon Apr 7 14:39:33 2003
I'm migrating from TRLog to WL and I'm still learning.

Q: The "Beam Headings" window shows Sunrise and Sunset. Unfortunately it
does not distinguish between a K1 and a K6. Is there a way to set it? SR/SS
is usefull info for lowbands.

Q: Is everybody using the standard CW messages (F-key's) ? In the mean time
I figured out that "Insert" and "+" are the most important keys for CW. RTTY
is no problem thanks to Don's (AA5AU) ufb website. %C and %B can do a lot
and before I reverse-engineer I better ask.

Q: "%3" should send a "0" as "t". I've seen several queries on the list but
never an answer if it is broken.

Q: WL provides a "Rates" window which I fully understand. Yesterday I run
into a great presentation about "WRTC2002 Analysis" by K3NA
(http://www.qsl.net/ccf/8th.htm). From slide 21 Eric talks about new metrics
(which I've never used so far). How do other contesters run these numbers?
Offline or is it somewhere in WL?

73 de Dominik, HB9CZF