[WriteLog] RS232 support for Acom 2000A (band info)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RS232 support for Acom 2000A (band info)
From: bernd.och@boc.de (Bernd Och)
Date: Sat Apr 5 13:42:09 2003
Hi,

I don't know if someone elso has asked this question before:

I have two Yaesu FT-1000MP's and two Acom 2000A amps now.
I am running a SO2R setup with two TopTen Band Decoders
controlling two Dunestar 600 filter banks and a homemade
6-in/2-out Relay Box.

Band info is coming out from each FT-1000MP and goes directly
into the respective TopTen Band Decoder. Plus, the FT-1000MP
is interfaced to Writelog over a RS232 serial connection.

When changing bands, I still have to say "Aaah" on the new
band to make the Acom change its settings, too. I know that
there is a separate RS232 interface on the Acom 2000 for
computer control, which would enable the amp to switch to
the new band without seeing some RF first...

Wouldn't it be nice, if Writelog could send out band information
to the Acom 2000A on that separate RS232? Acom has a detailed
API documentation, so it could be done quite easily.

hw?

73 Ben
DL6FBL

Bernd Och

BOC Computersysteme GmbH ? Christian-Wirth-Str. 18 ? 36043 Fulda
[T] 0661/9440-201 ? [F] 0661/9440-100 ? [E] bernd.och@boc.de
* E-Commerce bei BOC: http://www.industriepreise.de
* 24.000 Produkte aus EDV/IT und Telekommunikation
* T?glich aktualisierte Preise und Verf?gbarkeiten