[WriteLog] XP networking woes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XP networking woes
From: gw3njw@onetel.net.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sat Feb 8 15:45:36 2003
Thanks to everyone who offered comprehensive assistance on this
one.

Unfortunately this has been to no avail, and WL is still not
networked under XP ( Pro). The bottom line is that networking
itself is working without difficulty ( and always has been).

To date nobody has reported a successful XP to XP network using
WL, although one user reports a successful 2000 to XP
connection. I suspect the crux here is that 2000 or NT4 can be
made to "see" other OS(s) across a network running WL, but for
some reason XP cannot "see" XP in similar circumstances. There
may well be black magic at work here, and hopefully Wayne will
be able to help in due course.

In the meanwhile I'll just be grateful that WL is  so robust,
and hope that my HDD doesn't get attacked by a swarm of killer
bees. Don't laugh, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there
not after me!

I'm off to drink a beer now, and forget about networks.

73

Clive
GW3NJW