[WriteLog] W5XD Multikeyer - CW cable for Yaesu Mark V and ICOM 756PRO?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multikeyer - CW cable for Yaesu Mark V and ICOM 756PRO?
From: cahrens@packetx.net (Cliff Ahrens)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:50:35 -0600
I just bought a W5XD Multi-Keyer, and have tried several cable
configurations to send CW output to my Yaesu Mark V and ICOM 756PRO with no
success.  Wayne W5XD suggested trying either a simple mono cable with a
mono-plug on both ends, or alternatively, use stereo plugs, but on both
ends, tie the ring to ground.  I tried both of those configurations, but
still no success.  I also tried reversing the tip and ring wires on stereo
cables, again with no luck.

If you're using the W5XD multikeyer to send CW output to a Mark V or a
756PRO, I'd really appreciate hearing from you as to the cable configuration
you use -- mono or stereo, and how you have the tip, ring and sleeve wired
on the plugs for the radio and the W5XD keyer for those radios.  Thanks for
any help you can give.

73, Cliff  K0CA