[WriteLog] Port replicator, for USB only laptop PC??? Which ones work?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Port replicator, for USB only laptop PC??? Which ones work?
From: n4in@insightbb.com (David E. Shelton)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:11:29 -0500
I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop PC, that has only USB outputs for
interfacing with my rig and contesting/logging software I was interested
to know which ones if any port replicators work with a unit like mine
for everyday Dxing and weekend contesting, rig is Yaesu Mk V and I
already have a PDA USB to Serial Adapter that works for rig control but
the RF does get into it with my 80M inverted Vee, I would like to be
able to key my rig for CW contests and PTT for SSB contests. Any ideas?
I found a Gold X Powercore USB port replicator on MCM electronics
webpage that is inexpensive, $19.95 but I done know if it will work and
allow Parallel keying of the rig?

Thank you,
David Shelton, RN
N4IN