[WriteLog] n5pu

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] n5pu
From: wa4tk@comcast.net (Dean Gramling)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:02:04 +0000
Leon,

Check out website www.aa5au.com for help.
goto http://www.aa5au.com/rtty_start7.html for simple interface you can use
to homebrew PTT and FSK to to pin 5 of the 746/pro acc 8pin din jack.

I have made a number of interfaces for rtty/FSK keying but the solution I am
using on my 746 Pro is a Rigblaster plus (the plus does the PTT/FSK keying
from serial cable) and a Icom746/746pro acc cable with two 1/8 inch plugs.
both are avail from:
www.westmountainradio.com
Rigblaster plus complete  139.00
ICOM Radio ACC1 to Sound Card/FSK Cable 15.95

Yeah I know it's pricey but it's really slick. I like to have the ability to
use various
digital software programs without having to unhook anything or reconfigure.
It just sits there and does its job. It this is the solution you go for drop
me a e-mail at wa4tk@arrl.net and I'll send you the WL settings and
Rigblaster Plus - jumper settings.

MFJ has a alternative, FSK keying model To date I have not seen a cable for
the 746 so you would still have to make it up.

You may try http://www.packetradio.com/rascalmkv.htm and see if that
interface is right for you.

73,

Dean WA4TK