[WriteLog] rig control and ci-v addresses

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] rig control and ci-v addresses
From: sjwoodr@yahoo.com (Steve Woodruff)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:32:50 -0800 (PST)
I checked k9jy's site but didn't see any
info on this so i'll ask here:

How can I specify the CI-V address in WriteLog
for rig control?  Using a 3rd party ci-v tester
(CI-V Commander) i am able to do everything.
But WL won't talk to my 706mk2g.  My theory is
that the ci-v addr isn't matching. I am using
0x58 (706mk2g default).  However, the rig
selection is just "icom 706" which has a default
address of 0x48  (706mk2 has 0x4E and mk2g 0x48).
Actually, when i set the rig to use 0x48 then
WL works just fine.  I'm just wondering whether
this set in a config file and if so, can i
add a new entry for the 706mk2g? instead of
changing the addr on the rig?

tnx

Steve, N9OH