[WriteLog] Soundcard Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard Questions
From: RPClifton@aol.com (RPClifton@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 23:09:21 EDT
I'm just using WriteLog for the first time this weekend.  I have almost
everything working and am now trying to add the soundboard support.

I've hooked up the output of my FT-1000MP to the Line In on my SoundBlaster
Card and have followed the directions at
http://www.writelog.com/support/SoundBoardSetup.htm and the K9JY site (I
think!).

It seems to be getting audio, because Save Audio Snapshot worked, but when I
click on "Continuously Record Audio to File" and press OK, nothing happens.
If I reopen the WriteLog Sound Board Setup window, "Continuously Record Audio

to File" is now unchecked!  I have 18GB free on my hard disk, so that's not
the problem.

How is this sound recording supposed to work in a normal contest?  Do you
leave the "Continuously Record Audio to File" on all the time, or does the
program store snippets of audio around each QSO by itself?  I'm having
trouble trying to find an explanation.

Also, my CW reader does not seem to be getting audio.  Trying to activate
that results in no indication whatsoever that it is receiving a signal.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

73, Bob - W3YY